Rooftop Housing, a well established Arena customer, has been increasing customer satisfaction by using tenant to tenant surveying and promoting social return by using a resident social enterprise… And now it has partnered with Arena using the Tracker software to offer its telephone survey services to other housing associations.
Rooftop Housing have been using residents to carry out surveys for many years. However in 2010 Rooftop employed a specialist team of resident surveyors and began to use the Tracker Software to aid in the delivery, recording and analysis of their resident surveys. This provided a simple and easy to use survey tool, with easy to follow telephone scripts for the surveyors with simple on screen boxes to be filled in. Following the success of this approach the resident surveying team are working to become an independent social enterprise now named Apt Quest.
The benefits Rooftop Housing experienced as a result of employing this approach are clear:
- Their customer satisfaction scores went up significantly. This is believed to be partly as a result of tenants responding well to tenant to tenant surveyors. Overall their service satisfaction scores rose from 87% in 2009 to 89.6% in 2013-14 and satisfaction with services such as completed planned maintenance work went up to an impressive 94.2%.
- Considerable financial savings were made, providing a demonstrable value for money service. Rooftop currently allocates approx £15,000 a year to carrying out resident surveys in house, which includes surveys such as STAR, repairs, planned maintenance, ASB, rent collection to name but a few. In comparison previously Rooftop had paid over £8,000 just for a Status survey alone.
- A good response rate was maintained. In 2013-14, 4,855 survey responses were collected and 31% of residents were involved.
- The Apt Quest team have been trained to deal with dissatisfied customers efficiently. They identify sources of dissatisfaction and deal with concerns quickly to pass further action email requests to relevant staff members, ensuring faster resolution and continuous service improvement.
- The easy to use summary and analysis tools available by using the Tracker software allows the Rooftop housing management team to quickly spot trends for any significant changes, immediately review compliments and comments and provide information to their resident scrutiny panel.
- The team is professional and efficient and has received praise from those who have used them;
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and Apt Quest for all the work that you did on this. The quality of both the survey work and the final data analysis was really high and exactly what I was hoping for when we went out to tender – certainly as strong as other, perhaps more experienced data companies.” David Manning, Wychavon District Council
In addition to all this Rooftop Housing is promoting its social value credentials, as outlined in the Social Value Act (2012) by using their tenants to deliver their services.
To get the benefits of Apt Quest delivering your housing association surveys, ring us for a quote today. Or to enquire about the Tracker software contact us for more information. T: 01603 813932 E: firstname.lastname@example.org